Here are five lovely things to do with lemon flavour olive oil;
- Mix with rosemary and cook your roast potatoes. Although its traditional to eat Rosemary and Lamb – I prefer lemon and rosemary potatoes with Cod or Haddock and Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables.
- Simply add to Hummus to make a lovely lemon flavoured dip.
- Fry your prawns in it, with a little garlic and chilli.
- Mix with fresh herbs such as rosemary, pepper, thyme and chilli to create an aromatic marinade.
- Mix with mayonnaise to make a zesty addition to any sandwich.
You can buy lemon oil from most supermarkets but you can also make your own;
- Remove the zest from the lemon with a peeler.
- Pop the lemon zest and olive oil in a small sauce pan and warm over medium heat. Do not allow oil to simmer. Keep the oil just below a simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove oil from heat and let cool.
- Strain the lemon zest out of the oil and put the now-lemon-infused oil in a clean jar.
Or you can buy it! I like Waitrose Lemon Infused Oil and Delicatezza also have some very lovely extra virgin lemon oils.