I drink camomile tea regularly and have found a reduction in muscle aches and a better quality nights sleep as a result. The active ingredient in Camomile is ‘bisabolol’ this has proven anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties and can help the following problems;
1. Insomnia and other sleep difficulties. A cup of camomile tea before bed time will help ease anxiety and help you go to sleep.
2. Muscle aches and twitches often associated with stress. Camomile can help ease aching muscles and sooth tension pains. You can also use a compress directly onto aching muscles. I sometimes do this for my neck and shoulders.
3. Stomach and Menstrual cramps. Camomile has strong anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory components, just drink one cup in the morning and one in the evening. You can also have a cup after a meal to aid digestion and reduce gas.
4. Burns and grazes. Brew a strong cup of tea (three bags or three spoonfuls) to one cup. When it cools soak a cloth and then apply as a compress to the effected area.
5. Skin benefits. You can use camomile tea as a skin toner. It can help lighten skin, improving skin tone and reducing dark circles. Just spritz a strong brew onto your face once cooled or use the tea bags on your eyes as a compress.