Tuesday 2nd June will bring the Full Flower Moon in Sagittarius. The Flower Moon is the moon of energy, abundance and fertility and this influence is at its strongest now. This will be projected through the sign of Sagittarius which is associated with truth, justice, optimism, risk taking, philosophy and all ideals of the higher mind.
The arrow of Sagittarius always aims for higher truths so this is a good time for philosophical thinking and self revelation. The name Sagittarius is thought to be derived from the word ‘sage’ in relation to wise and inspirational, with Sagittarius being the most mature of the three fire signs.
In order to gain the full benefit of the joyful optimism of a Full Flower Moon in Sagittarius it is important to get outside and reconnect with nature. Both the Flower Moon influence and Sagittarius encourage a connection with our animal natures and the most primitive desires for food and fertility. As Jupiter (the signs that rules Sagittarius) is in Leo it will only magnify this positive and joyous energy – now is definitely the time to socialise outside with friends and family and plan those big gatherings and events that at other times of the year may feel like a chore. Sagittarius is also the sign of Gypsies and the Flower Moon is one of the more ‘bohemian’ Moons so don’t be shy to dress accordingly!
Colours; Purple and Red
Herbs; Sage, Blackberry Leaf (don’t drink this in a tea if you are pregnant), Rose Hip and Nettle
Crystals; Smoky Topaz, Lapis Luzuli, Amber, Jasper and as with any full Moon – Moonstones
Ritual; This full moon is an excellent time for smudging with Sage and Lavender, for any rituals involving fertility, love, abundance and healing.
Basic Full Moon Ritual;
- Gather a little bunch of fresh flowers or greenery from your garden and pop into a vase.
- Find a private space outside you feel comfortable in.
- Take off your shoes and socks and site down somewhere you really feel connected with the earth.
- Light a white candle and imagine when lighting the candle you are welcoming into your space the positive elements of nature.
- Look up to the Moon (hopefully you will be somewhere you can see her) and imagine the clear white light cleansing your soul.
- Imagine yourself writing in silver ink across the ground everything you would like to see improve over the next 4 weeks (health, finance, job stability, relationships)
- Ask the power of the Moon and the forces of nature surrounding you to help you achieve those goals.
- Always say thank you and leave a little offering of cake or wine etc
- Then take your flowers and your candle back into the house and let your candle naturally burn away somewhere safe – taking with it any negativity you felt under the Moon.
- You can also gather fresh herbs to burn such as pine, sage, lavender, lemon balm and rosemary – they will burn in a dish mixed with some dried herbs and some sort of Resin (Frankincense/Myrrh etc) or light an incense stick.
- A good tea to drink for this full moon would be sage, lemon balm and borage leaf and flowers sweetened lightly with Honey. You can use just one of two of the fresh leave for a light, cleansing tea.
Image is from Tumblr.